Tuesday, May 08, 2007

always something here to remind me

As I sit here in my office and do what I do, I take a gander at my shelf and begin to look at some of my notebooks from back in the day at college. I particularly (Viva Dr. Bob) take a look at my Western Civilianization note book and I began to gaze over my notes and some papers that I wrote. WOW! As I look at what I wrote, I wander why I took that class. I took that class when I was 20 and I didn’t seem too interested in doing anything productive expect doodling and writing B.S. In fact as I think about if in the late 1990’s they gave award for greatest BS’er and “biggest waste of college loan money”… I would have received that award. I really wish I could go back in time and kick the junk out of myself, just an old fashioned butt whooping when I was 18, 19, 20, 21, years old…what a joke I was and man who did I think I was. I am so glad God kicked my tail and grew me up some. To quote my son “I growed up”, well I am not entirely there but I am certainly now living an honest unmasked life. Sometimes it’s good to have a reminder of what you were once; it certainly keeps me humble and reminds me of what my life is in my own hands instead of God’s hands. Most importantly it keeps me from pride and reminds me that I’m sick and I am nothing without Jesus. To quote a band that has naked eyes, "Always something here to remind me"...Thanks for the reminder!
-gravyjmm

1 comment:

GB Hoyt said...

All I know is that I'm supposed to be lighting a grill right now, I've marinated steaks, glazed chicken, and all of a sudden, we have threatening weather conditions.